Friday, July 3, 2009

"Get It Together!"

Everything I started today I had a hard time finishing. Somethings did not get finished. This morning, I woke up with a list of things I needed to get done in my head. Rich had the day off, so he took half the list (really more than half) and I proceeded to get out of bed. Really struggled with that today! Rich was up and out in no time. He washed the Jeep and Harley, cleaned the pool, and cleaned the bathtub. I moved to the sofa where I checked my work e-mail, worked on a couple of updates, received a phone call and checked Facebook and myfamily.com. A couple hours went by (and so did Rich working hard going in and out of the house) so I decided I probably should take a shower and get it together. So I did. It was about noon at this point. I then offered to get Rich something to eat, but he was almost done with his chores so I waited for him to jump in the shower to get cleaned up for lunch. While I was waiting, I mustered up just enough energy to sweep and mop the floors, put in a load of laundry and change Bekah's bedding. Yeah, I accomplished something today.
Rich and I headed to Mimi's Cuban Cafe only to find out they are closed for the July 4th holiday, then we tried Black Bean Cuban Cafe, closed too! As we were headed to a Cuban Cafe off of Park Ave (We really wanted Cuban), we decided to go with Sobik's instead. We were pretty hungry by this time. Had a nice lunch, went to the grocery store and came home.
After we got home, we had the pleasure of meeting Bao, Bekah's friend who is staying with us tonight to run in the Watermelon 5k in the morning.
Tonight we will have a houseful people, which we love. Our house is small, but we manage. Just makes us that much closer! :) Happy July 4th!

Yesterday, Bekah, my Mother and I took Joshua, Ginger's son, out to the Magic Kingdom for a few hours. We had a good time, going on a few rides and watching a show at the castle. These are a few pictures from our wonderful day.

No comments: