Sunday, July 19, 2009

I knew we were going to be busy...

First I probably should explain the picture above. This picture was taken in the UCF dorms on the first day of UCA Cheer Camp. The girls room had a terrible smell to it, musty, sweaty, icky.. they deducted that it must have been a guys room that played sports! Right before this picture above was taken, Bekah had been spraying air fresher around the room. She then went over to Kari's side of the room to spray. Kari was laying on her bed and what Bekah didn't realize was that the spray was not a fine mist in the air but came out kind of clumpy. She sprayed it over Kari and it landed on her face in big white clumps, this caused Bekah to laugh hysterically! So that is the back story of this picture. I'm glad I was there to witness and snap a photo!

I knew we were going to be busy this school year, however, I didn't think it would start already! Guess I wasn't thinking... I had 12 years to get ready for my daughter's senior year. Those 12 years do not seem long enough. Even though we have gone through a senior year in 2007, with Zack it was a different type of busy. Zack was not into the senior photos, not into the senior accolades, school social events, etc. He was into getting out, just wanted school to be over. My "busy" in 2007 was working with teachers and making sure our son would graduate on time. His graduation was exciting, we had a great party to celebrate and are very proud of his accomplishments, then and now. Now it is time for our youngest, "our little girl", to complete her senior year and graduate high school. We have already had two rounds of senior photo sessions, location shots, several poses and outfits. Cheer season has started, this weekend she is at UCA Cheer Camp at UCF. I drove some of the girls out to UCF and ended up staying until the afternoon to take pictures. I'm so glad that I was able to do that, being Bekah's last year, this will be her last cheer camp and I was more than happy to be there to take pictures and capture those memories. I admit that I love that she enjoys me "hanging around" and let's me take as many pictures as I want! Bekah informed me last Thursday that she told the squad that she wants me to do the Cheer yearbook page because I will make sure everyone is included and will do a good job on the page. That made me feel good. More things to add to the list.
Tonight I finished a congratulatory senior ad for the Football Program. We received the proofs of her first set of senior portraits from the school assigned photography studio. They are beautiful and the decision on what to purchase is going to be hard! She has more coming...
Monday, we are going to go watch her squad compete, then we are off to Lake Junaluska, NC. When we get back next next week, Bekah will need to sell a few more ads for the sport program, practice will continue and cheer activities will resume and let's not forget SAT testing and college applications. The busiest part of her season is in the fall. It is going to go by too fast!

No comments: