Sunday, July 5, 2009

Watermelon 5K July 4th, 2009

We started our 4th of July out with a very humid...HOT 5k. We participated in the Watermelon 5k yesterday morning at 7:30 AM at Mead Gardens in Winter Park. Craig and Mike came down from Jacksonville to run and Bao visited us from Gainsville and also ran. For Russ and Markus, this was there first 5k run and they did awesome!! It wasn't a chip race, so we don't know exactly what the running time was but everyone has an idea. Rich was happy that he shaved a minute off his last time, Bekah didn't beat her last time, but she did well as always. Craig, even with bruised ribs came in within 28 minutes! I don't run and planned on walking it, well I got caught up in the running in the beginning and thought I was going to die. I should not have ran. I finally finished though and on the plus side, I never stopped moving. I am so proud of everyone! This was my 3rd 5K that I have participated in and I was happy when it was over and I can say at least I did it. I'm losing count on how many Bekah has done, I think she is up to about 8 races, she inspires me. Rich is doing awesome and he is so supportive, for that I'm so grateful! What a great way to start the day.

No comments: