Saturday, July 11, 2009

A Friday Afternoon in St. Augustine

Just a Friday afternoon in St. Augustine with my favorite cousin and my favorite daughter! :) Yes, she is my only daughter, but she is still my favorite daughter! I have a favorite son too! Bekah and I decided to drive to St. Augustine after her cheerleading practice on Friday, called Craig and met him there. We had to drive through stormy weather, but we finally made it around 2:00 PM. To our pleasant surprise it was not raining in St. Augustine even though it was raining the entire way there. We walked up King St., through the park and up St. George street. We went in a few shops, just looking around. Stopped in the Harley store to buy my favorite husband (yes, my only husband) a St. Augustine Harley T/Shirt to add to his collection. In our wandering... we decided we needed something to snack on before we met Craig for a late lunch. We first stopped in a pizza place, Bekah ordered a slice of Hawaiian pizza and we proceeded to move down the counter to pay; however, the guy behind the counter helping us told us to stay and wait for our pizza slice. So we did.. a woman then took a slice of Hawaiian pizza out of the oven (let me point out there was no one in front of us waiting for pizza) and said "Hawaiian Pizza" - so Bekah went to take the slice of pizza, the woman behind the counter said "Lady, I don't think that's yours" - then the guy behind the counter said yes, she ordered a Hawaiian pizza... by now Bekah had reached for the pizza, pulled it off the counter, put it back and pulled it again... Bekah turned around and looked at me and said "Did she just say what I think she said?" ... I said "yep wanna leave"... she is "yes", turned around and said loudly "Lady, I don't think that's yours... forget about the pizza, I don't want it." and we left. There are too many establishments that want our business that we don't have to take that kind of rude behavior. We walked a couple doors down, got a hot dog and we were treated very well.
We then walked around a bit more... met up with Craig and we went to Pizza Alley, they have a very good full service Italian restaurant if you walk through their counter pizza service to the way back. Craig and I had the best Sangria I think I have ever had! Amazing... 2 glasses was all that was needed, one more and I think I would have started forgetting some of the evening! Ha ha...
We then walked around for a bit, took pictures and Craig and Bekah got some ice cream. After the ice cream, we decided to leave that area and drive across the bridge to The Conch House. This was the last place Jakki was on Easter Sunday before she got in the boat and the terrible accident happened. Craig showed us around, big complex of bars, restaurant, a pier and marina. We decided to hang out there awhile, ordered mud slides and a couple of appetizers.. their hummus was wonderful. We were laughing a lot! Isn't that what life should be all about really? Laughing, enjoying each others company and having fun!!! Bekah was calling Craig her CousUncle... he is a 2nd cousin to her.. but he and Bekah think he should be a fun loving Uncle who also has to approve all the boyfriends, but one who lets her get away with stuff her Dad might not!! Good times!! I am glad Bekah and I have been able to spend time with Craig this summer.

1 comment:

Madison said...

I can't believe the lady did that to Bekah. Usually EVERYONE in St. Augustine is soooo nice. But I see that you got ice cream. We got ice cream at the same place when we went this year. I have a post about St. Augustine I took pictures that I love! Glad you guys had a fun time!

Love, Madison