Sunday, June 28, 2009

Summer in NYC

Bekah and I were so fortunate to be able to take a Mother and Daughter trip to New York City this summer. What a blessing to be able to spend this time together. We had so much fun. We shopped, saw Phantom of the Opera, we shopped, we went to a great, absolutely great concert in Central Park of some of Bekah's favorite artists, Expendables, Ziggy Marley and 311, we shopped (not sure I said that?), experienced dinner at Tavern on The Green, which was awesome... Bekah said and I quote "That this is the BEST food I've ever had" and walked, walked, and walked everywhere.
Oh, and we talked about boys, well, one in particular that she happens to be fond of right now and just met a couple weeks before we left for NYC. I remember those days... being on the phone at all hours, talking about everything, being excited and as Bekah so uniquely called it, being "all giggly inside."
Aww, young love, it is so special.
Bekah and I like so many of the same things, it is really cool. We really connect. The biggest difference between Bekah and I when I was her age is that she is so much more independent and says what she thinks and feels. Much more than I ever did at her age, probably more than I do now. I respect that strength and confidence in her.
I love this time we spent together and will cherish these memories forever.

3 comments:

Madison said...

Heeeey Kim!! Thanks for following and commenting! Glad you stopped by!!

Love, Madison

Ps. Soooooo jealous that you went to NYC

BECKY said...

Hi Kim! I couldn't find your blog because you didn't comment, and your link doesn't show in my followers box! I actually came to you from Maddy's blog!

This trip to NYC sounds great! I went with Mallory and her fashion class at school and we had a blast, too! You two are a BEAUTIFUL Mom/Daughter duo!!

That run you did with Craig is neat, too!! I know that blessed him!

Looking so forward to reunion! Let's do something together...maybe your fave...shopping?????

HUGS and Love to you!
Becky

Kim said...

Hi Becky,
I wonder why my link didn't show? I will have to look at that. I love your blog and Madison's blog. So fun to read.
We are doing another run this weekend... 7:30 AM ugh!!!
Can't wait for the reunion and I would love to do something with together!
Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting! Great to hear from you.
Hugs and love back to you!!
Kim