Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Happy Father's Day

Rich,
Happy Father's Day! When I decided to blog this, I thought I would insert a Father's Day Poem or a saying or quote...but as I searched for one, I could not find one that seemed to be the right fit. I can't write from our children's point of view about you as their Father, but I can write from my point of view as to what type of father I see as your wife and the mother of our children.

You are a great coach, you listen and you teach! I have watched our children hang on to every word you say when you are teaching them something knew. Always, if they have a question about something, it's "Dad will know." Even when you think they are not listening, I know they are. They look up to you, always have and always will. You have taught them so much about life and about love. The way you love me teaches them about true love and what they should expect out of their own relationships. The unconditional love you have for others even when you are hurting teaches them never to give up on people.

You are loving, caring, you hug and say "I love you" often. Those actions might seem like little things, but they say so much. It's hard to believe that not everyone does those "little" things. You have taught our children how to love and show affection.

Have fun and enjoy what you do. Another lesson I see you instilling in our children. Enjoy life, be responsible doesn't mean you can't have fun. Laugh and be silly.

You teach tolerance. I see someone who doesn't always have to be right, you listen to other's perspectives and opinions.

You are supportive, you support them and me and they see that. So important.

I could not have asked for a better friend, husband and father to our children. I am thankful everyday for our family and how we have been blessed. When I was a little girl, my mother's prayed for the partner that God had picked out for me. I am glad she did, I am so grateful we found each other all those years ago.


All my love,
Kim

No comments: