Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"Unraveling... ways of seeing myself"

I am working on a very large document and needed to take a break from writing requirements... so here I am, writing in my blog! I am very very excited about a class I signed up for called "Unraveling...ways of seeing myself" it is an e-course designed to help people heal the way you see your self and your world, using photography and journaling to access hidden thoughts and dreams, encouraging personal realisations and ultimately acceptance. To read more about Susannah Conway and the programs she offers along with her blog, go here. During the eight week program, there will be weekly photo assignments, twice weekly writing assignments, video's and a private discussion forum with classmates. I'm nervous and excited! and although I don't feel that I need to be "healed" in the literal terms, I do feel that learning and discovery are so important for growth. I want to keep growing and I'm ready to spread my wings that much more! I have been in the corporate world for so long, I want to rediscover the artist in me... I have been dabbling, but I am ready to thrust into that world. (Which is one of the reasons I got the tattoo of the Tree of Life on my wrist, visible for me to see and the world to see everyday, a consistent reminder that I don't want to go back to a conservative, stodgy, judgmental corporate environment ever again!) What will be interesting is if my self discovery path shows me something other than what I think I want. September 28th, can't come soon enough.

Peace & Love

No comments: