Sunday, September 20, 2009

Oh What a Weekend

What a fabulous weekend. Friday night started with High School Football. Edgewater vs Apopka. Even though we (Edgewater) did not win, Bekah did a great job cheering and leading her team! Plus our good friends Susan and Roger came out to watch the game with us!
Saturday morning I got up with Rich and after deep contemplation I went to the Renningers' Flea Market in Mt. Dora with him. This is a weekend ritual for him, his brother, his nephew and his dad. I wasn't sure if I should intrude on their guy time but Rich was happy for me to go. I was so glad I went, what a nice time I had with the guys. It was good to spend time with our nephew and my brother in law. I just love Russ, my brother-in-law, he is such a great guy. I indulged in an egg sandwich that came highly recommended from our nephew and Russ, we walked around the flea market, I took a few photographs, and then we went to the Antique Fair, very interesting stuff. About that time we were all ready for lunch and we went for some yummy BBQ at Sugarboos in Mount Dora. I had a great time with the guys, thank you so much for letting me tag along on your guy time! Here are a few pictures I took at the Flea Market.



Saturday evening Rich and I along with friends Mike and Vicki loaded up the canoes to go see the Bioluminescent water in Mosquito Lagoon. For more information go HERE. We went to Titusville to have dinner at Dixie Crossroads, then on to Merritt Island. The Bioluminescent water is amazing! It sparkles, all the movement in the water is like fireworks of light. It is really something to see. When we first arrived, I was a little nervous I have to admit, it was soooo dark! Canoeing in the dark knowing there are animals around that you can't see can be a little scary, but once we got down the canal and into Mosquito Lagoon, the lights of the moving fish and other kayaks made me more comfortable. It was so dark! We could see the Milky Way above us, so COOL!
On the way back down the canal, we caught a glimpse of a dolphin coming up for air. Just an amazing night, I am so glad I got to experience the bioluminsents phenomena.




On our way

Merritt Island, where we launched the canoes


As for Sunday, more of a lazy day, for me anyway. Rich got up and took down our above ground pool (we never used it). The three of us Rich, Bekah and I dressed in our Steeler attire went to PR's Taco Palace for lunch. After lunch Bekah and I went to Kohl's, once home we all watched the Steeler's vs Bear's game. Disappointing ending.. Steeler's lost by 3, could not make a field goal to save their lives!
I made a chocolate lava cake to help heal the wound of the Steeler's loss! For the rest of the evening we caught up on recorded shows, ate pizza and just relaxed. Winding down, getting ready for the week ahead. Awesome weekend!

1 comment:

Madison said...

Oh that looks like such good fun! Me and my mom love Mt. Dora and should go do that someday! I love the pictures and REALLY like the one of the bikes! If I was there I would of bought one of the bikes just like THAT! Thanks for sharing!

Love, Madison