Wednesday, September 9, 2009

How special is 09/09/09?

That is what I was looking for via the wide world web, how special is the date 09/09/09? You can Google yourself to find the same articles about the math and science of the date I won't repeat that here, but I do want to tell you about a site I stumbled across that I found was worthy of repeating as it relates to 09/09/09. Out of all the information about 090909 this one grabbed my attention the most. "090909 is meant as a culmination, a day where we collectively show each other that a loving and caring world is realistic. So check this one out.
Welcome to the World Day of Interconnectedness! What a great reminder. I would love to think I live my life this way everyday but the reality is, I don't. I think about these things and I do put into practice many on this list, but there are still those that I could do better at and those that I would like to think I do but I don't. I personally need to put the awareness into practice, make it a daily action.

Here are a few ways of practicing Interconnectedness: Please go to the Welcome to the World of Interconnectedness website for more examples.

Ecological Sustainability
Being careful using water, energy, and food
Connecting with nature
Practicing sufficiency
Eating vegetarian more often
Considering trees as treasures instead of resources
Buying locally grown food
Recognize our purpose in life
Being the Change

Social justice
Voting on political party that actively supports social justice
Working as a volunteer
Supporting good causes financially
Buying fair trade products

Acting with integrity
Creating job experience opportunities regardless of formal education
Considering people as treasures instead of resources
Listening with the heart
Everyone to realize their fullest potential
Living in Love, Joy and Peace
Letting your choices demonstrate your care for others

(Spiritual) Fulfillment
Giving without expecting something back
Practicing forgiveness silently
Seeing destructive behavior as a call for love
Respond to destructive behavior with love
Helping people to reconnect
Speaking and listening from the heart
Being of service
Being kind to yourself and others
Helping to bring world peace by practicing forgiveness yourself and sharing the experience with others
Asking for guidance
Being aware that anger is never justified
Choosing to act from love instead of fear
Changing your own mind instead of trying to change others
Seeing everything in the world as either an expression of love or a call for love
Creating instead of reacting
Allowing the feelings and beliefs of others
Giving up judging
Meditating
Enjoying inner silence
Inspiring others to be and see Love
Moving from blame to forgiveness
Embracing reality as a consequence and a mirror of your own judgment

Let's make 090909 a positive day we will never forget.

No comments: