Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gang aft a-gley


Why must things get complicated, crazy, or as the saying goes "The best laid schemes o'mice an'men gang aft a-gley."-- Robert Burns
If you are wondering what "gang aft a-gley" means - it is Scottish for "go often awry." I was so looking forward to this week! My Unravelling class started yesterday with Susannah Conway and Rich, Bekah and I along with friends are going on a weekend three day cruise starting Thursday. (Which because of my guilt for not making a salary right now & going on a cruise, I have to tell you it was paid for about 8 months ago!) All of us sudden, this week hit and I got terribly sick, feverish, hot and cold, runny noise, coughing, head cold, back pain, you name it flu symptoms. Yuck... I don't have time for this and I don't want it...please go away! My plans were to wash and iron laundry to pack ahead of time for the cruise, be totally prepared, house cleaned, dogs bathed, everything done, checked off and organized... but no, here I sit miserable. I haven't been able to start my Unravelling class and getting busy with deliverables and deadlines (but for this I am grateful!!)
Can anything go as planned lately? I'm trying to stay very positive that I will feel at least 85% better tomorrow, and be able to organize for the cruise, will have my deliverables and deadlines in check and be guilt free for leaving. I will try... the guilt will probably do me in. As for my Unravelling class, thank goodness it is on my own time and schedule. I will hopefully be up for taking some pictures tomorrow.
Hope you are having a peaceful and delightful day.

Peace & Love

2 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Kim! Sorry you're not feeling well gal, and hope by the time you get this you are! And that you had a great cruise? I don't remember if you said when you were leaving!

Thanks to your post about Renningers, we went and had a blast! I have gone to Mt. Dora before several times, but never to Renningers!! We'll definitely be going back!

I'll pray for Zack, sweetie. I know it must be difficult. Thankfully God can be where we cannot!!

I'll check bck to see what's been happening!
Love ya,
Becky

Kim said...

Thank you Becky! Things have been so crazy, I haven't posted much lately. I'm finally feeling better, but still feel I could sleep for a few days.
The cruise was a lot of fun, a nice break. We went last weekend (Thursday - Saturday)
Glad you had fun at Renningers, surprised you didn't run into my mom. (But she probably was at the regular flea market)
Thank you for your prayers for Zack! I'm proud of him and I know he is where he is supposed to be.. I still miss him.
Love,
Kim