Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Zack Deploys



Tomorrow my son Zack leaves for his first deployment. Tonight he is on his way to San Diego, then tomorrow he boards the USS Bon Homme Richard for a seven and a half month deployment. He wants to go, he is excited about going, he is trained and ready to go. On the one hand I am happy about him going, it is what he wants to do, excited that he will see parts of the world that many of us have never and may never experience, but of course it is a deployment, not a vacation. The other side of me is nervous and anxious about him being on a ship for seven and half months, not knowing what he will be doing or really where he will be. (Not that I really know that now...but it seems different) Also knowing things are heating up in Afghanistan is a little unnerving. I wish him and his entire unit a successful deployment and a safe return home. They along with their families and everyone aboard the USS Bon Homme Richard will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.
Thank you for protecting our freedoms. Semper Fi.
I love you Zack.

I'm not sure what the event the pictures above were taken at, I found them on the Marine Corp Air Station Yuma website. Marine Attack Squadron 513 photo album. The description was "Dining Out." I did confirm with Zack that he is with the guys in his shop.

3 comments:

Madison said...

Sorry he has to leave now. I will pray for a safe and fun trip for him! Have a great day!

Love, Madison

Kim said...

Thank you Madison, we will miss not talking to him, but we know he is doing good things.

6HartsforHim said...

Thank you Kim for your sweet comment on our blog.I hope Zack has a great and safe time.And I will pray for him and your family,that God would grant peace that passes understanding while he is away.Have a great weekend!