Tuesday, September 1, 2009

"I Will Not Die an Unlived Life"


I saw this book title, actually in a picture on Susannah Conway's website. It intriged me. So I went searching... found this verse from the book and I found it inspiring. The author is Dawna Markova.

“I will not die an unlived life.

I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire.

I choose to inhabit my days,

to allow my living to open me,

to make me less afraid, more accessible,

to loosen my heart until it becomes

a wing, a torch, a promise.

I choose to risk my significance;

to live so that which comes to me as seed

goes to the next as blossom

and that which comes to me as blossom,

goes on as fruit.”

I'll have to check this book out further. The picture is of Bekah and I in the lobby of the hotel in NYC taking pictures of ourselves trying to get us and the chandiler in the shot. We took some crazy pictures in that lobby!

2 comments:

stephanie alaine said...

oh this book sparked something bright and shining within me. i'll hope you'll follow up on your search for it. it is so right in so many ways!

Kim said...

Thank you Stephanie, I absolutely will.