Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Embracing Football Season


It took awhile, most of our marriage but I've finally done it... embraced football season with open arms! For years I just wasn't into it, always had "my" teams to cheer for but really could take it or leave it and at times admittedly a little annoyed with it. Well, I have come to see the light and I am really loving it (Football, that is!) I started loving it the season I got my Troy Polamalo Jersey, then last year Rich, Bekah and I started going to sports bars together to watch the games. That is so much fun, eating good comfort food, having a cold beer (or Margarita in my case) and cheering on our team with other fans! It's awesome! Some sports bars are better than others, we like the Steeler supporting ones. It is just fun to make an event of it, even if there are not big crowds of people. It is fun to put on the Jersey go out and support our team! If we don't go out, it is still fun family time to sit together and watch the game from the comfort of our living room.
I have come to enjoy and appreciate football season and the family bond it creates. I encourage anyone still holding out to give it a try, you might like it.

Go Steelers!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Kim! We love football here, too, but we have converted to college ball!! We get energized by it and just love the youth and exuberance of the crowd! Maddy isn't a fan yet, but one day...

Hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend. We'll be busy celebrating our 30th anniversary and Randy's Birthday!!

Love ya,
Becky

Kim said...

Becky,
Happy 30th Anniversary, that is great! And Happy Birthday to Randy too! Sounds like a wonderful weekend.

We haven't watched too much of college ball, but have friends that just love it. Will need to give it a try.

Great to hear from you.
Love,
Kim

amelia said...

my husband is coming around! I am the football fanatic in our family- especially college football nut! Go Georgia Bulldogs and Denver broncos!!

Kim said...

Amelia, that's great... it really is so much fun, you are right! It is funny because my husband read my post and he is like, I didn't know you didn't like it THAT much. Then he said... well it was probably the Sunday, Monday and every night there after of highlights! :)
I have always enjoyed the games, it was the all consuming factor I didn't get! I do now! lol!
I love the cheering on of the teams!
Amelia, have a fun season and thank you for commenting!