Tuesday, October 27, 2009

a Visit to the Pumpkin Patch


This morning, Rich said "Why don't we go get a pumpkin tonight." Sounded like a great idea. Bekah has been a little down, having a rough spot in school, activity is good. I got home from work and we had Halloween decorations out! Yeah! I was so excited. Rich put some Halloween decorations outside and inside. I was ready to get our pumpkin. We went to a local church pumpkin patch, it was so sweet seeing the little ones picking out their pumpkins. Bekah made the comment she was the only "big person" there... I corrected her with, "No, there are three of us!" But really there were a bunch of young adults looking for their own pumpkins. Of course I took my camera. Bekah wasn't really in the mood and I thought I would cheer her up. It took a little work. She was allowing me to take pictures, but she wasn't happy with any of them. I snapped away... I got her to come around. I'm glad she can find the humor in her dad and I acting silly. Life is so much easier that way. So Bekah found the perfect pumpkin, Bekah affectionately named Gilbert. Bekah also found Gilbert a friend and at this moment, I don't recall the name given to the friend pumpkin, it sounded very similar to Gilbert. Tomorrow night will be pumpkin carving night.





3 comments:

BECKY said...

OMG Kim!! I absolutely love the pumpkin being strapped in the seat belt!! That is hilarious! Was that your idea? Always love your pics, and I love the orange flower with the B & W in your header! I like your unique sense of flair!! It is so refreshing!!

Hope you have a great day! I'm working on pregnancy center banquet centerpieces!! One of my fave things to do!! Events!!

Love ya!!
Becky

Madison said...

Love the pics! love Love LOVE the pumpkin in the seat belt!LOL Im over pumpkin patches for now because I worked at one and had to get all the rotten ones. But I should of gotten some good photos while I could!

Kim said...

Thank you Becky and Madison. I have to admit, it was Rich who strapped the pumpkin (Gilbert) into the seat belt. Thank you so much for your kind comments!
Congrats on the banquet centerpieces, what a great project.

Madison, I'm sure one day you will forget about the rotten pumpkins and want to go back and at least take pictures!

Thank you again for taking the time to comment! Love reading them.

Love you,
Kim