Monday, October 19, 2009

Jump a Train


Have you ever thought about jumping a train just to see where it takes you? I've been taking notice of the trains and their sounds more so in recent weeks wondering where are they going? Not sure if it is because of my Unravelling course (I seem to be noticing more things in my everyday life) or because I now cross railroad tracks daily to get to my office. In Florida, the majority of the trains are freight trains, however, we do have the Amtrak passenger train that travels through Orlando and Winter Park in my area. I love the train sounds, the sound of the whistle blowing, the sound of the train going down the tracks, the ringing of the bells... I especially enjoy the whistle at night when laying in bed.
For vacation one year (sadly I can't recall the exact year possibly 2002) the four of us took the Amtrack train from Winter Park,FL to Savannah, GA. It was the first time my children and I had ever been on a train. Rich had traveled by train before. If you are not in a hurry and you want to relax it is the way to go. We had fun in the dinner car, walked around to stretch our legs and enjoyed not having to drive ourselves. It was a new adventure. I would definitely go back to Savannah by train again.
Here's a picture of a train I took moving along the tracks, we were having dinner with friends at PR's Taco Palace and walked outside to catch the train. The train tracks go in front and right beside the restaurant.
Take a look at this speed, I don't think I would jump this one but I do wonder where it is going, where it will end up. Hope somewhere fun.

Hope everyone enjoys the week, listen for the trains.

Peace & Love

No comments: