Sunday, June 22, 2008

Rebekah

Rebekah, my beautiful daughter is amazing. She is growing up so fast into a lovely, independent, strong, caring and beautiful young woman, inside and out. I am so proud to be her Mother. When I hugged her tonight as she was lying in bed, I felt an overwhelming sense of pride and joy and at the same time wondering where the time has gone. It is such an amazing journey, being a Mother. The journey started for me from the moment I knew I was pregnant, that is when I first started talking, reading and singing to my baby girl and now sixteen years later I sit on the side of her bed and we talk about life, boys, what's next and so on.... I hope I have instilled in her to follow her heart, to live life to its fullest and to believe in herself in everything she does. She has taught me so much, I am a better person because she is my daughter and for that I am so grateful. She has a strong sense of self, she is centered and knows what she wants... and she loves with all of her heart. I am so blessed to be able to call Rebekah my daughter. Thank you Rebekah for being you! I love you, you are my SUNSHINE!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks mommy, i love you :) im lucky to be your daughter and have such an awesome, hardworking, cute, fun, loud, hilarous, creative, and supportive mom like you. MWAH

oh and take that pic off..eww