Friday, May 1, 2009

Lucky Girl


I am such a lucky girl! I don't think many would have imagined that after getting married at age 19 that I would be still SO IN LOVE with my wonderful man. He is my best friend. Not because he wasn't always wonderful, but because of our age and the length of time we were together before we got engaged. I don't blame those naysayers... with a daughter who is only 2 years younger than I was when I married Rich, I can't imagine her being married at 19. But it worked for us and I couldn't be happier. Rich and I were married when we were 19 and 21. I just turned 19 in August and we married in September of that same year, 1987. I graduated in June of '86, moved in with Rich on New Years Eve of 1986, Rich asked me to marry him on Valentines Day February 14th, 1987, we were married on September 12th, 1987. Wow! And here we are 22 years later, with a 20 year old and a soon to be 17 year old! Wow.. Wow.. Wow!
Just like the saying goes... Time flys when you are having fun!
Rich is so thoughtful, caring, fun, loving, funny and an amazing Father! I am truly a lucky girl! Rich and I grew up together, we grew trying new things, sharing everything we are with our children, opening our minds and hearts to new experiences. We grew together!
Tonight Rich is taking me on a date, Whoo Hoo! He was going to surprise me but he ended up telling me. We are going to Leu Gardens Movie night. We are going to see P.S. I Love you - a movie I really like. He is planning the date and I can't wait. Rich is such a wonderful man! And I am such a lucky girl!

No comments: