Sunday, May 17, 2009

For My Family

In my blog, I write a lot about my family, especially my children. They are my "Sunshine" I love them more than anything and I enjoy every moment with them. When I started this blog, I wrote about my weekends home, away from work, away from Jeffersonville, IN and Louisville, KY. I wrote about Zack being away at boot camp and some of the changes we were going through. We went through those changes and came out on the other side. I continue to grow, learn about myself and appreciate those moments in life that make up time which is so special. We are now being faced with more changes. I am embracing these changes as I have learned that change can be exciting and even invigorating. I'm not saying that it is easy, however, I am remarkably more relaxed now. So, as I get the privilege to spend even more time with Bekah and Rich, (Zack is living in Arizona) I will continue to try to capture a piece of our life together. Maybe when I am gone, my children will have some of my words to reflect on, a little piece of me. Or at least how I was feeling at the time when I entered my "notes" in this blog. I am verbally and emotionally open with my family, so I don't think anything will be a "ah ha" moment or remotely close to a surprise. My hope is that someone will find it comforting, like a journal, as time passes on. With the death of Vonni and Jakki this year, two strong women who left us in their 40s, it reminds me how short life really is and we need to say what we need to say. I love you all.

No comments: