Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Florida Conference for Women

On Tuesday, I went to the Florida Conference for Women. I went by myself attending seminars that I hoped would inspire me and get my mind going. It worked, they where just what I needed. I listened to women who went after what they wanted and achieved their goals. It was great to actually hear about their "stories" from the perspective that it wasn't easy, that things were not perfect, that they were human like the rest of us. But mustered up that inner spirit to keep going and to take risks for what they believed in. Their stories started in a surprisingly similar place to my recent story. I felt like they were talking to me.
Tori Johnson was the first keynote speaker, she is the Founder & CEO of Women for Hire & Good Morning America's Career Guru, truly genuine and her story resonated with me. and the second keynote speaker was Ariane de Bonvoisin, Founder & Chief Change Optimist, first30days.com - she was amazing, I could have listened to her speak all day. Even though I was one of a thousand, I connected with her. Her face lite up when she spoke, she was very inspiring.
During lunch there were four speakers, my favorite was Kelly Corrigan. If anyone you know is going through cancer, there is a book by Kelly Corriagn, "The Middle Place" - she talks about how she was in the middle of childhood and adulthood, being a wife and mother of two young children and finding out she had cancer.
She has a great sense of humor and captivated the audience with her story.
The breakout sessions were great, I went to Brand You! All about branding and getting your brand in the marketplace and "Reinvent Yourself" - Strategies for having the career you want. Loved it!
It is so important to feed out minds and spirit. I so needed that. Now I need to put one foot in front of the other and not get overwhelmed with all of the thoughts going through my head! One day at a time... right!

No comments: