Sunday, July 6, 2008

Keep Moving

Good morning. It's Sunday morning, Rich is washing the cars, Bekah is sleeping and I am doing my usual, playing with the dogs and updating myfamily.com while ignoring the laundry that needs to be folded. Rich, Bekah and I got back from Pensacola, Florida last night where we visited Zack for the 4th of July holiday. Seemed appropriate to visit our Marine son on the day we celebrate our Country's independence. What else could we do really? We had a great time catching up with him. It is very apparent to both Rich and I that Zack is loving the Marine way of life, especially with comments like..."civilians are sloppy and undisciplined" but he was quick to say, not you, Mom and Bekah, that is different. It didn't bother me at all really. I understand or as much as I can where he is coming from. The point is, he is grown up. He has found who he is, he is happier than I have seen him in awhile, he is healthy and fit, mentally and physically. He is proud of what he is doing, who he is becoming and what he is accomplishing. Rich and I during the course of our last couple of days, at different times have looked at one another and recounted some of the conversations we had with Zack. Like when he asked us, "So, what did you do with my room, it would make a nice TV room." Zack is on his life's journey and he is not turning around, I am so happy for him.
With both the kids doing so well, it is probably time to start taking care of myself. That is easier said than done. It has been very hard to stick to any kind of healthy eating or exercise plan since I have been working in Indiana. I need to get over it and just figure out how to do something about it. I know what I need to do, it is time once again to do it. I owe it to myself. In the spirit of today's blog, it is important that we continue to "keep moving" moving spiritually, mentally and physically to be healthy and to continue to grow. Experiencing Zack and Bekah "Moving" is such a joy, hard at times absolutely, but a great adventure. Now it's time for me to create my adventure, to keep moving...

No comments: