Sunday, July 27, 2008

Getting Ready

It's Sunday night, I have had a good weekend. Rich and I saw the "Dark Night" yesterday afternoon, we both enjoyed the movie. It was mostly a lazy day... just hanging around the house getting ready for vacation. Last night for dinner we walked down to China Jade on Edgewater, had a nice dinner outside. We walked home and to our surprise Bekah had returned from her trip to Smith Lake with Jackson's Family earlier than we expected. It was a nice surprise. We all vegged out on Bekah's bed... dogs and all and listen to her stories about her week. She had a great time! It is back to work tomorrow, I leave for Louisville in the afternoon. Rich, Bekah and Jackson will join me on Friday. The Dave Matthews Concert is Friday night at Slugger Field, we are all looking forward to that! Then Saturday morning we have reservations at Lynn's Paradise Cafe http://www.lynnsparadisecafe.com/ for breakfast. We plan to go horseback riding later that day, but I have yet to make reservations for that. I need to do that tomorrow. Sunday we drive to Chicago, we are going to drop the car off at the airport as we will not need it while in the city. We are looking forward to exploring the sights of Chicago... Monday night we have tickets to a Cubs game at Wrigley Field! It will be a little strange not having Zack with us this year for our vacation. I spoke to him the other night, he is doing well. Got a new tattoo, it is very cool... a Spartan helmet and working out a lot. Classes are going well. He said he is just ready to be with a fleet. It was good to hear from him.
I believe that I have everything I need ready now for the next two weeks. I'm ready! I have a busy week ahead and can't wait to start our vacation on Friday!

No comments: