Monday, December 29, 2008


Well it is 4:26 PM and I am really just starting my working day. What I mean is that I started around 8:30 AM this morning, but with all the work I have left to do, it really is only the beginning. I like the financial freedom my job provides, we are not "rich" in monetary standards by any stretch of the imagination, but we do well for ourselves, have had the opportunities take vacations, be entertained, to entertain and provide for our family and not have to watch every dime we spend. It is a good feeling. Sometimes the stress of my job makes me wonder if it the "appropriate" amount of stress? What if I did something completely different, artistic, free spirited... would I be just trading off one stress for another? Helping to provide for our family and live like we are used too for the stress of not knowing if I can pay the bills? I don't know? But what I do know, is my daughter is happy! Where did that come from within this post you may be asking yourself. Well, I'll tell you, no matter what choices I have made or Rich and I have made together, we did right by our children. They are both happy, productive, well adjusted young adults. Bekah tells us often how grateful she is that we are her parents. She enjoys laughing with us, spending time with us and is truly appreciative of the way we have raised her. So, at the end of the day... to me, that is all that really matters! The rest will figure its self out. So for now, its back to work.
(This picture is from Christmas 2007, when we rented a cottage in Savannah, GA for the week)

No comments: